Anxiety disorder symptoms are probably the first thing that makes you begin to wonder if you are suffering from some kind of anxiety or panic disorder. These anxiety disorder symptoms can range from mild feelings to pounding and frightening terrors leading you to think that you are having a heart attack or about to die.
Mild Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
- You feel restless, often irritable, on edge, fidgety, or keyed up.
- You get tired easily.
- Your muscles feel tense, especially in your back, neck, or shoulders.
- You have difficulty concentrating, falling asleep, or staying asleep.
Severe Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
- An irregular, rapid, or pounding heartbeat
- A sense of choking, suffocation, or shortness of breath
- Vertigo or light-headedness
- Pain or other discomfort in the chest
- A feeling that events are unreal or a sense of detachment
- Numbness or tingling
- Hot or cold flashes
- A fear of impending death, though without basis in fact
- Nausea or stomach upsets
- Thoughts of going insane or completely losing control